March is National Nutrition Month®! This year’s theme, “Celebrate a World of Flavors,” demonstrates how flavors from cultures around the world are a tasty way to nourish ourselves and appreciate our diversity. Throughout March and the rest of the year, embrace the foods and flavors of your heritage and other global cultures.
My team and I help people all over the world reduce their digestive issues, lower their cholesterol and blood pressure, decrease their belly bulge, and overall feel much better through food and nutrition. We encourage our clients to create simple, tasty meals at home which can seem intimidating if they’re not used to cooking. Cooking at home can be healthy, rewarding, and cost-effective!
The following cookbooks by Black registered dietitian nutritionists can make it easier to try new, delicious, and healthier meals that can help save you money and reduce the stress of trying to figure out what to eat. These cookbooks are an affordable investment for your health and wellness.
- Vegan Slow Cooking for Two: 85 Healthy Recipes to Enjoy Together by Rhyan Geiger RD
- The Complete Book of Healthy Smoothies: 115 Recipes to Nourish, Heal, and Energize by Andrea Mathis MA, RDN, LD
- Diabetes Guide to Enjoying Foods of the World by Constance Brown-Riggs MSEd, RDN, CDE, CDN, and Jessica Jones MS, RDN, CDE
- 28 Day Plant-Powered Health Reboot: Reset Your Body, Lose Weight, Gain Energy & Feel Great by Jessica Jones MS, RDN, CDE, and Wendy Lopez MS, RDN
- The African-American Guide to Living Well with Diabetes by Constance Brown-Riggs MSEd, RDN, CDE, CDN
*No paid sponsorship for this blog post. Recommendations are based solely on the opinions of The Lifestyle Dietitian LLC®.